Drinking Age Proposal
I am interested in writing my research paper on whether or not the drinking age should be lowered to 18. I believe that the drinking age should be lowered because it will allow teens to make smart decisions, as they are able to experience other liberties such as joining the army, ability to buy cigarettes, ect. I think that there will be many statistics for me to find in comparison to when the United States had a drinking age of 18, and other countries that have drinking ages lower than 21. This is an important topic that should be addressed because in college, students tend to experiment with drinking. Since most college students begin school at the age of 18, they should drink at their own cost and make their own decisions rather than sneak behind the law and illegally binge drink. If 18 year olds were allowed to drink, I think that teens would not be as rebellious to drink at such extreme amounts because they have the option to. I believe the drinking age should be changed to 18.
No comments:
Post a Comment